Spray Foam Insulation in Baltimore, MD
Eliminate Discomfort at Home with Spray Foam Insulation
Spray foam insulation is the solution to regulating your home’s temperature to prevent spending a fortune on energy bills. Keeping your home warm in the winter and cool in the summer does not have to be a burden. Spray foam insulation not only provides the thermal protection you need to stay comfortable but also creates a tight seal that prevents air leaks, which can account for up to 40% of energy loss in your home or building. As one of the Baltimore area’s top spray foam insulation contractor, DeVere Insulation has been providing top-notch spray foam and other insulation services for decades. Our team has the knowledge and experience to do the job right the first time, every time. Get in touch with us today to get started.
How Does Spray Foam Insulation Work?
Spray foam insulation is a product that combines insulation and air sealing. Unlike fiberglass or cellulose insulation, foam insulation is applied as a liquid that quickly expands to fill a space. Such complete coverage prevents air leakage and keeps energy bills low. Foam insulation is durable, stable, and long-lasting, and can be used on walls, roofs, attics, and inaccessible areas. It can also increase the strength of your home by helping to provide more stability during high winds and severe storms. It’s important to have your spray foam insulation installed by experts. DeVere Insulation is Maryland’s independent insulation contractor.
Types of Spray Foam Insulation
- Open-Cell Spray Foam Insulation. With a typical R-value of 3.7 per inch, open-cell spray foam insulation works as an insulator and air barrier. Open-cell spray foam insulation is vapor permeable, able to accommodate seasonal movement and not a food source for mold. It also dampens sound and is more affordable than closed-cell spray foam.
- Closed-Cell Spray Foam Insulation. Closed-cell spray foam insulation also works as an insulator and air barrier, but since the cells of the bubbles remain intact (closed), this product is much more rigid. The closed-cell composition and increased density contribute to a higher R-value (approximately 7 per inch) than that of open-cell foam. This can contribute to building stability during storms and high winds.
The Benefits of Spray Foam Insulation
Spray foam insulation offers a range of benefits for your commercial or residential property:
- Greater energy efficiency: Spray foam insulation eliminates the amount of work that your home’s heating and cooling systems must do, reducing your energy consumption and saving money on your energy bills.
- Advanced moisture management: Moisture becomes a big problem for some homeowners during the rainy season. Both closed-cell and open-cell spray foam insulation have properties that allow them to help manage the moisture in your home.
- Better temperature control: Maintain a desirable temperature throughout the seasonal change. Spray foam insulation effectively provides heat retention in the winter and cold retention in the summer months.
- Noise reduction: Spray foam insulation helps to minimize both flanking and airborne noises around your home or business by sealing the cracks that these noises travel through to get in.
- Improved air leak prevention: Spray foam insulation helps reduce air leaks by up to 40%, allowing for greater energy efficiency in your home or business.
- Never sags, settles, or shrinks: Spray foam is one of the most durable and long-lasting insulation methods on the market. The chemical make-up of the product prevents it from wilting down or sagging.
- Adds to building stability: From reducing internal moisture and protecting against flood damage to strengthening walls and roofs, spray foam insulation contributes to the overall stability of your building in several ways.
Commercial and Residential Spray Foam Services
DeVere Insulation has been working with residential and commercial clients in Baltimore, MD, for more than 35 years, providing long-lasting insulation solutions. Whatever your building type, we can work with you to provide energy-efficient insulation installed by professionals with expertise and advanced technical knowledge. Among the insulation services we provide are blown-in walls, cellulose, can foam, fiberglass, mineral wool, spray foam, and rigid foam board.
Contact DeVere for Your Spray Foam Insulation Needs
When it comes to insulation installation, you need an expert that has extensive training and a stellar reputation. That’s what you will find at DeVere Insulation. Contact us today to discuss the best insulation solutions for your home or business.
Thermal Insulation Barriers